The RMC has compiled a list of resource to help you in the decision making process.
Keeping in mind, your wallet, your health, and the planet's well-being, there are a few things to consider when remodeling green.
Financial Incentives-Incentives for incorporating green technology and prducts into your remodeling project may be offered at the local, state, and federal levels.
Home Energy Audits-If you're really serious about improving your home's energy usuage, start with a Home Energy Rating System specialist or a Building Performance Industry expert.
Life Cycle Analysis-When choosing a new product for you home, consider its lifetime environment impact.
Work with a Professional-A passionate, certified, and professional remodeler is focused on staying on top of all these green-building issues and more.
To read the full article, click here.
What are other resources a homeowner can use?
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority Rebates
- Borrowing/Assistance for Home Buying
- Build Green New Mexico
- Energy Star Homes Program
- Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency
- Home Design, Decorating and Remodeling Ideas
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Information
- New Mexico Licensed Contractor Search
- National Kitchen & Bath Association
- New Mexico Clean Energy Incentives
- New Mexico Gas Company Rebates
- New Mexico Incentives/Policies for Renewables and Efficiency
- PNM Rebates
- Bernalillo County Property Tax Value Search
- Protect Your Family Against Lead
- Recycling and Waste-Less Living
- New Mexico Unlicensed Construction Violation Complaints
For a link to the National Association of Home Builder's list of professional designations, click here.